An Australian man has suffered severe and painful burns to his bottom after he placed a firework between his buttocks in a misconceived party trick.
The 23-year-old was at a party in Darwin in the Northern Territory when he set off the firecrackers.
Police said the man was admitted to hospital after the stunt backfired on Saturday.
"It appears that a party was in full progress when a young male decided to place a firework between the cheeks of his bottom and light it," local police spokesman Garry Smith said.
"What must have seemed to be a great idea at the time has obviously backfired and resulted in the male receiving quite severe and painful burns to his cheeks, back and private bits."
Police added that alcohol may have been a factor.
According to the Herald Sun newspaper paramedics were called to the house, although the man had taken himself to hospital by the time they arrived.
It is believed the reveller may have later been flown to the Royal Adelaide Hospital, which has a specialist burns unit.
It is illegal to let off fireworks in the Darwin area except on Territory Day on July 1 to celebrate the region becoming self-governing.
People face on the spot fines of 282 Australian dollars (£190) for possessing and discharging them at other times.